Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Days at lab~

Pharmacy Practice Laboratory, my second K.L. home since December last year..
I've been cooking, cooking and cooking sago starch throughout these 3 months until my friend said, when she looks at me, the image of me cooking starch automatically appears in her mind. T.T

Days at lab..
There were days when all lab students did labwork together (I love the noise!).
There were days when I did labwork all alone.
There were days when I did labwork until late at night.
There were days when I did labwork until 2-3am the next morning (returned to lab at 7am the same day).
Those were the days.

The most crucial memory of my starch cooking days was the last day.
10.3.2009.
I did my labwork alone until 10pm, accompanied only by the sound of the heavy rain, non-stop thunders and lightnings. "No blackout, no blackout please.." I prayed hardly in my heart. Adrenaline pushing through my veins, heart beat accelerating... but I forced myself to calm down and finish my work as soon as possible so that I could go home.
Walking home at night was another scary experience. You imagine: The night has fallen, the corridor and path are dimly lit and you have to walk alone (all alone) certain distance before you can reach the place where finally there will be people around. Guess that these experiences have more or less helped me in 'expanding my guts', haha~

What I did...

The whole stirring process took around 7 hours >.<"

Dried in oven overnight.


Modified starch powder after drying overnight.

Powder grounded and sieved. Finally sample's ready!

Advantage of having hot plate stirrer in lab --> re-heat supper!! Haha~ =p


All these memories will definitely earn a place in my nostalgia. I'll cherish the remaining days at lab. =)

2 comments:

  1. u like telling ghost story..hehe but becareful when walk along!!
    Jia you la...

    ReplyDelete
  2. u like to tell ghost stories ?? hw come i dunno bout tat?? must tell me some next time ler

    ReplyDelete