Wednesday, July 22, 2009

When SPA letter comes...

Finally after lazing for about 2 months, the SPA letter came.

"Tahniah. Anda telah dilantik sebagai Pegawai Farmasi Gred U41. Bla bla bla...."

After going through the whole letter together with its attachments, I realized that I had 3 things in hand to settle.

1. Sign the Surat Terima and send back to SPA in Putrajaya. (settled)
2. Get the Surat Sumpah signed and chopped by a Pesuruhjayasumpah. (settled)
3. Do medical check up. (half settled)


For sure, if you pay for something, you will get it in a short time. I remember before entering university, we were required to do a medical check up also, and I did it at a private centre (of course I paid for it). The report, the x-ray and my form were settled in just one morning.


This time, the same kind of medical check up, I chose to do it at a government clinic.
(It's FOC)


Last week Friday, 8am

Me: Hello, saya nak buat medical check up untuk masuk kerja kerajaan.
Staff: Surat tawaran?
Me: Ini dia.
Staff: (Scanning through my letter) Ok, check up hanya ada pada hari Isnin dan Rabu, pukul 2 petang.
Me: Oh, ok. Nanti saya datang lagi minggu depan lah. Thank you.
Staff: Ok.


This week Monday, 1.45pm
The clinic was closed for lunch-time. Waited outside until 2pm, door opened.


Me: Hello, saya nak buat medical check up.
Staff 1: Duduk sebelah dulu. Tunggu clerk datang nanti.


Waited for another 10 minutes...

Me: Kak, nak buat medical check up.
Clerk: Ok, pergi bilik No.1.
Me: Pergi saja ke bilik No.1? Sudah ada orang kat situ?
Clerk: Yaya.
Me: Thank you.


Found room No.1, knocked at the door - no response. The clerk just now told me already had staff here in the room one wor. Knocked again - no response. So, waited outside.
2.10pm... (tick tick tick) 2.20pm... (tick tick tick) 2.30pm..
Finally a nurse opened the room No.1 door from inside. (Apa ni, lunch until 2.30?? The notice pasted at the door clearly written
'Medical check up Isnin & Rabu 2-4pm')

Me: Kak, nak buat medical check up.
Nurse: Baru nak buat sekarang atau datang ambil report?
Me: Ya, nak buat sekarang.



Then she started filling up forms - urine test form, x-ray form, log book and the health form that I brought along. For my health form, she just started ticking away the boxes in my form, pausing at a few aspects to ask me.

Nurse: Timbang berat tengok.
Nurse: Tinggi? Tak ingat? Ok, mari.
(Then she checked my height)
Nurse: Pakai cermin mata kan? (I nodded. She didn't check my eyesight, and just filled in the box at the column 'penglihatan dengan cermin mata')
Nurse: Gigi ada rosak? (Takde)
Nurse: Hari ini x-ray tak ada. You boleh datang esok untuk buat x-ray? (Boleh)
Nurse: So sekarang you pergi kencing untuk urine test, lepas tu boleh balik dah. Esok pagi datang buat x-ray. Form ini you ambil balik rumah dulu. (Then she checked the calendar and wrote 3/8/2009 at certain column. I saw the column was 'Datang balik pada...' What?! 2 weeks later??? -.-'')


SHE DIDN'T EVEN TOLD ME TO COME BACK ON 3/8/2009! sweat-nya...


Yesterday, Tuesday, 8.15am

After asking the reception, I was directed to the x-ray unit. Finally I managed to get my chest x-ray done in less than an hour. PHEW!

Now I have to wait for 2 weeks to see the doctor, get my lab test report, x-ray AND get my health form filled and signed (MOST IMPORTANT ONE).

7 comments:

  1. my colleague said that you complete the whole thing (including report) on the same day at sunway med center.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh..sudah pharmacist now..diff standard dy....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pui Yee,
    wow, complicated procedure to do the most basis body check up. Next time, dun ever go to that hospital anymore.

    Tomorrow, i'm going to sabak bernam hospital. Hopefully i would not be treated as you. Haha...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is what you get if you go to small small government clinic... if go private de, whole thing will be different for sure, haha~

    ReplyDelete
  5. yaya...facing same prob..
    i went tat day only take my urine sample and go dental clinic check gigi..it took me few hours to do tat!!
    after tat do appt nx week..hope i can done everything tat day

    wg u dun so happy 1st..mb u will face same prob

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, i dun have such problem. i get it done in one day .. wakaka.. very efficient..
    within 15 minutes my X ray has been done.. wakaka..

    ReplyDelete
  7. last year i got all things done in one day also...and then bec in 2weeks to see the doc..

    ReplyDelete